Cub personal VOC detector
World’s smallest, lightest, personal VOC detector!
Cub is a personal VOC detector with photoionisation detection (PID) technology for the fast, accurate detection of volatile organic compounds, keeping you safe within your working environment.
With market leading parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity, Cub sets the standard in personal gas monitoring giving an early warning of exposure to hazardous gases.
Comfortable and unobtrusive to wear, Cub sits within the breathing zone and is the smallest, lightest, personal VOC detector available. Cub has a dynamic range of 0 to 5000 ppm – the widest on the market – measuring 480 selectable compounds.
When worker exposure exceeds pre-set limits Cub’s audible, vibrating and flashing LED alarms alert you to the gases present. Readings are displayed on its bright, back-lit LCD display with selectable data logging time.
Cub’s patented photoionisation detection (PID) sensor technology has been independently verified as best performing for speed, accuracy and humidity resistant operation.
The PID sensor’s Fence Electrode utilises a humidity resistant and anti-contamination design providing extended run-time in the most challenging environments, giving you accurate results you can truly rely on.
CubDoc docking stations are also available for USB communication, charging and calibrating your instrument, dependent on your requirements.
The Cub personal VOC detector is available as a standard instrument with 10.6 eV lamp for accurately detecting a wide range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) to parts-per-million (ppm) levels. Ion Science also offers the CubTAC ppm variant with 10.0 eV lamp that accurately detects total aromatic compounds (TACs), including benzene. Both models can be upgraded with parts-per-billion (ppb) sensitivity quickly and easily online.
See our leading range of VOC detectors:
- Corvus fixed IAQ monitor
- Cub TAC personal benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Falco fixed VOC detector
- Tiger LT handheld VOC detector
- Tiger handheld VOC detector
- Tiger Select handheld benzene detector for total aromatic compounds, including benzene
- Titan fixed benzene detector
- TVOC fixed PID detector
- MiniPID 2 VOC sensor
Best available photoionisation detection (PID)
- PID sensor independently verified as best performing on the market
- Unrivalled sensitivity detects down to ppb levels
- Widest range detecting gases 0 to 5,000 ppm
- In-built humidity resistance with no need to compensate
- Anti-contamination design for extended field operation
- Measures 480 selectable compounds
- Fast (<13 second) response to hazardous gases & vapours
- Clear audio, visual and vibrating alarms
- Large LCD display for clear readings
- Long battery life (16 hours) for maximum uptime
- Meets ATEX, IECEx, US & Canadian certification
Ease of use
- Smallest, lightest personal VOC detector available
- Simple one button operation
- Intuitive software and simple calibration routine
- Easy to service
- Easily upgrade your instrument
Low cost operation
- Inexpensive consumables and parts
- 2-year warranty when Cub registered online
Cub is available in two distinct variants for ppm and ppb detection. Choose a ppb or ppm instrument with 10.6 eV lamp for accurately detecting a wide range of VOCs dependent on your sensitivity requirements.
CubTAC with 10.0 eV lamp is also available, giving accurate detection of total aromatic compounds (TACs), including benzene down to ppb levels.
- Cub instrument
- Docking station
- Remote calibration adaptor
- Accessory kit
- Stack removal tool
- Mains cable
- USB cable
- Quick start guide
- Calibration certificate
Product downloads – Ion Science
Brochures, Manual, Quick Start Guides, Software etc.
There are 3 types of docking station available:
1. Charge only
2. Charge and data download
3. Charge , data and calibration
Cub personal PID monitor
There 3 available models:
1. ppm sensitivity
2. ppb sensitivity
3. TAC (for Benzene applications)
Mains power cable
Available with UK, US, European or Australian plugs.
USB data cable
Allows data connection between Data and Calibration docking stations
Docking station mount bracket
Offers a secure connection and fixing between two docking stations
Every Cub is supplied with Quick start guide, Extended warrantee card and Calibration certificate
|Sensitivity *||0.001 ppm (isobutylene equivalent) *
0.002 mg/m3 (isobutylene equivalent) *
|Accuracy||±5% display reading + one digit|
|Response Time||<13 seconds (T90)|
Europe:ATEX:CE,Ex II 1G,
Ex ia IIC T4;-20oC ≤Ta≤ 55oC
|Battery||Battery life up to 16 hours
Battery charge time 4 hours
|PID Lamp Options||10.6 eV, 10.0 eV|
|Data logging||30,000 readings|
|Alarm||LEDs, audio and vibrate
Sounder 95 dB @ 300mm
Pre-programmed TWA & STEL. Work exposure alarm levels on all models.
-20 to 60 oC (-4 to 140 oF)
-20 to 55 oC (-4 to 131 oF)
|Weight & Dimensions||
111g (3.91 oz)
61 x 66 x 59 mm (2.4 x 2.6 x 2.3”)
|Resolution||ppm 0.1 ppm
ppb 0.001 ppm
TAC 0.01 ppm
0 – 5,000 ppm
|Calibration||2 point calibration via docking station|
|Upgradeable||Upgrade ppm to ppb|
|IP Rating||IP65** (heavy rain)|
|LCD Display||Back lit multi colour|
|Flow Rate||N/A (no pump)|
|Docking Station Options||Charge only
Charge and USB communication
Charge, USB communication and calibration