✔ Optimal Leak Detection
The Panther Gas Leak Detector follows on from the success of its predecessor, the GasCheck series. Designed for the search and location of gas leaks, the Panther feels natural to hold in the hand during use.
Simply draw the instrument along the area that requires testing at approximately 25mm per second. When a leak is detected, retrace the route at a slower rate until the leak is located. Once the leak is located, hold the instrument over the leak until the measurement stabilizes.
✔ Internal Piezo Pump
The Panther Gas Leak Detector utilizes a micro thermal conductivity sensor which offers fast and sensitive detection for many gases. The internal piezo pump offers extremely stable sample flow and makes it highly stable in draughty environments. The Panther has also demonstrated its relative immunity in high electro-magnetic field environments, eg MRI scanners.
✔ 2 Year Extended Warranty
The Panther Gas Leak Detector can be registered online which extends warranty to up to 2 years. Register your instrument online within one month of purchase to extend the warranty.
- Purchase a Panther Gas Leak Detector
- Register your instrument here within one month of purchase
- Receive a 2 year extended warranty certificate!
✔ Optional Upgrade to the Panther PRO
The Panther PRO includes all of the features as the Panther plus:
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Datalogging - View and export up to 10 days of Panther data into Excel, CSV, or PNG
*DISCLAIMER: Portable Leak Detectors will confirm the availability for rental upon purchase. If you need to confirm availability beforehand please call (801) 486-1015 or message our live chat below.
- Internal Gas Table
- Long Rechargeable Battery Life
- ION PC Software
- Vibration, Audio & Visual Alarms
- Highly Resistant To Magnetic Fields
- Data Logging Functionality*
- Bluetooth Connectivity*
What’s in the case?
- Panther Gas Leak Detector
- Warranty Card
- Quick Start Guide
- Calibration Certificate
- Box Spanner
- USB Cable
- Mains Plug with AUS, UK, EU, USA adaptor
- Flexible Probe*
- Bluetooth Dongle*
ION PC Software
- Create and Load New Calibrations
- View and Download Datalog Sessions*
- Download to CSV. File, Excel or PNG Image*
- Search Gas Table & Select Favorite
- Change Sensitivity, Measurement Units, Screen Brightness & More
* Features available only on Panther PRO model.
|Detector||Micro thermal conductivity detector (MTCD)|
|Battery Type||Rechargeable Li-ion battery|
|Battery Life||20 hours|
|Audible Alarm||≥ 90 dBa at 10 cm|
|Factory Calibration||At 50 % relative humidity, room temperature: 5000 ppm helium (± 5%) Leak: 0.0005 cc/s (± 5%)|
|Data Logging||10 days continuous *Panther PRO only|
|Sensitivity (cc/s)||Helium: 5 x 10-6 | Hydrogen: 3.8 x 10-6|
|Response||T90: 1 second|
|Flow Rate||2 cc/min|
|Temperature||Operating: 0°C to 50°C|
|Weight (approx.)||1 lb (447 g)|
|Dimensions (approx.)||12.6 W x 3.2 H x 2.2 D in (320 x 88 x 55 mm)|
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The Panther gas leak detector from ION Science
This second generation gas leak detector provides rapid and se...
Panther gas leak detector unboxing
Hosted by Rhys Redrup, our product marketing specialist. This ...
How to use the Panther leak detector from ION Science
This video shows how to use our second generation gas leak det...